Easy Egg Muffins with Kale, Chives and Bacon
– 6 eggs, brown organic is best
– ½ cup almond, hemp or canned coconut milk (can be organic cream or whole milk)
– ½ cup kale or baby kale, spinach and chard mix, chopped
– ¼ cup chives or spring onions, chopped (can use half a yellow onion, too)
– 8 slices prosciutto or real bacon cooked or chicken sausage and chopped
– Sea salt and pepper to taste
– ¼ cup shredded organic cheese – Mexican mix is best
1. Whisk eggs. Add milk or cream and continue whisking.
2. Add chives or onions, bacon or sausage, cheese and seasonings.
3. Pour into greased muffin tins. Fill 2/3 of the way from top
4. Bake at 350* F for 30 minutes. Can sprinkle a bit more cheese on top for more golden effect.
If you do not have muffin tins, you can use a mini loaf pan as well as I did for the photos.
Makes for an easy morning meal when you are on the run – just grab and go!
I just made them for the first time today and plan on taking them to a conference for my easy breakfast option! Eggs for protein, kale and greens for anti-oxidants and nutrients, minerals. You could add potatoes on the side, granola, oats or toast to add some carbohydrates.
Many would consider these acceptable for a paleo style diet plan.