This is one of my favorite soups and will be especially if you like mushrooms. It is an easy mushroom soup and will take less than 30 minutes from start to finish to make.
Even if you hate the texture of mushrooms, this may change it as you puree it with the hand immersion blender!
Easy Mushroom Soup
5 cups sliced mushrooms – crimini, baby bella, white or shitake
- 1½-2 cups vegetable or homemade bone broth
- ½ cup chopped onion or leek
- 1/8 tspn thyme, dried (or more to taste) or cardamom power
- 1-3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter), olive or coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 inch of turmeric root chopped
- 1 cup (1/2 can) coconut milk – can be ¼ cup of heavy cream or add 1-2 large Yukon gold potatoes
- In a large heavy saucepan, sauté onions and mushrooms in ghee/coconut oil until browned (brings out some great flavor!). Add thyme and cardamom and stir. Cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add broth and simmer 10-15 mins. Add coconut milk or cream (or add a potato).
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
If you do not have one, then use a blender. Be careful as the hot liquid will pressurize, and the lid can fly off. Hot liquids can burn! (and it can be messy to have soup all over the counter)
- Once all cooked, use the hand-immersion blender to puree the soup. It will still be chunky vs pulverized.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste, or some sherry and thyme. Serve with a dollop of goat cheese if desired. Or add some hemp hearts for some additional protein. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make it! And if you have additions to make it even better, please share below!
For other easy soup recipes, you can purchase the ebooklet here.