Today, I didn’t have time to make my green smoothie in the morning, but I decided about 11 AM, it was time to make a Chocolate Green Smoothie! I used some of my left over cold coffee from this morning, cocoa powder, spinach and a few other items. Put them all in my Vitamix blender and in a few moments, had a great chocolate green smoothie.
Here is the recipe!
Chocolate Green Smoothie
– 1 1/2 cups cold brewed coffee
– 2 cups spinach (or kale – whatever green you have on hand!)
– 2 heaping tsp. cocoa powder
– 1 tbsp nuts (I used pumpkin seeds this time, but use either cashews or peanuts)
– 1 medium banana (frozen may be best!)
– 2-4 dates, pitted or 1 tsp real maple syrup to taste (for sweetness)
– 1 inch turmeric root (optional)
– 1 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
– Put spinach or greens and all the other ingredients into the blender. Add the liquid (cold coffee) last. Turn on blender and blend until smooth. Add either dates or maple syrup to add sweetness naturally.
Green smoothies are a great addition to any day. They are easy. They are full of nutrients and can even be made for kids! Yes, kids will drink it as you can hide the greens into the chocolaty drink! For athletes, add some protein powder, and it becomes a great recovery meal.
What is your favorite Green Smoothie combination? Maybe you can share your recipe and I can post it here with a new video and credit to you for submitting it.
I would love to know in the comments below!